We share the same values
At Cellnex we are a multicultural and committed team with one purpose:
to foster progress and knowledge, enabling connectivity between people and their environment.
At Cellnex we like innovative people with a universal vision who can help us evolve
and give value to our clients, so that we keep leading our future.
We connect people.
For our Operations Direction in the Business Unit “Enterprise, Broadcast and Public Administration” we are looking for an:
This role reports directly to the BU Managing Director, who is also the Country Managing Director.
Cellnex Telecom is the main infrastructure operator for wireless telecommunication in Europe. Cellnex is developing its network, which currently consists in a portfolio of over 50,000 sites. It provides services in the Netherlands, Italy, the United Kingdom, France, Switzerland, Ireland, Portugal and Spain. In addition to infrastructure services, Cellnex provides services in Broadcasting, Connectivity, MCPN and Indoor Connectivity.
Cellnex NL operates over 800 sites for telecom and broadcasting. These sites are for an important basis for all mobile telecom networks in the Netherlands. In addition, Cellnex is market leader in providing FM and DAB radio distribution services in the Netherlands and Flanders. In its 24 very high telecom and data towers Cellnex also provides data centre housing services. Current Cellnex NL annual turnover is of ~70 M€ with a headcount of ~65 employees.
Cellnex NL is merging the business activities of 4 companies in the Netherlands. A blueprint is the basis for further integrating activities in 2 Business Units supported by a Shared Service Centre:
- BU “MNO’s Business and TIS Operations” is focused on Telecom Infrastructure Services
- BU “Enterprise, Broadcast and Public Administration” is focused on active service provisioning in Radio Broadcasting, Data centre housing and Microwave services. Furthermore this BU is responsible for new client services like Private LTE and Indoor connectivity through Distributed Antenna Systems.
- The Shared Service Centre (SSC) is focused on supporting both in HR, Finance, Processes, IT and Marketing.
BU “Enterprise, Broadcast and Public Administration” Operations Area is responsible of designing, delivering, assuring and maintaining existing business services for Radio Broadcasting, Data Centre housing and Microwave services. Main responsibilities of the Operations Area are to provide:
- Technology expertise to support sales and to advise clients. For example: from radio planning to network design and network optimization for all main FM and DAB radio broadcasters in the Netherlands and Flanders.
- Project Management for the installation of newly contracted services, using a combination of own personnel and external suppliers.
- Monitoring service levels to assure service delivery on a 24/7 basis.
- Execute preventive and corrective maintenance using a combination of own personnel and external suppliers.
Cellnex NL is aiming to grow new business lines in Private LTE and Indoor Antenna Systems. These services are currently being developed. Cellnex NL expects that new contracts for these services will be concluded shortly.
In this context the mission of this role is to:
- Implement and evolve the strategic vision and blueprint of the Operations Area for BU “Enterprise, Broadcast and Public Administration”.
- Plan, direct and coordinate the Area to deliver services and comply with SLA’s
- Ensure confidentiality, integrity, quality and availability of the Operations.
- Establish policies and contingency plans
- Coordinate the continuous optimization, scaling and management of services and processes
In this role you are responsible for:
- Leading and coordinating the implementation of the blueprint for BU “Enterprise, Broadcast and Public Administration” Operations Area and implement the Service Agreement for the operational aspects between Cellnex and The Broadcast Group (TBG).
- Leading and coordinating all areas under responsibility: Project management and Engineering of services (Data Centres, Connectivity, Broadcast, DAS, others), service monitoring and delivery (NOC), maintenance of these active infrastructures and health and security:
- Ensure the activities of service engineering and complex solutions development in order to support the sales structures in preparing technical-commercial offers and solving technical problems through direct contact with customers.
- Manage, control, implement and verify any technological project required by costumer requests or net improvement
- Manage external suppliers (engineering companies, construction companies, vendors, maintenance suppliers, etc.)
- Active infrastructure documentation (control, update and storage) in terms of site permits, blueprints, building plans, etc. according to technical rules, development plans and established service levels
- Coordinate policies to ensure timely and accurate incident and problem detection.
- Manage the resolution and troubleshooting of incidents
- Working with the economic area in defining an annual budget according to technological plan and internal needs and ensure the annual budget is followed and
- Guaranteeing service continuity for Cellnex clients and quality in all projects while also optimizing resources in the country according to Cellnex standards.
- Defining, suggesting and deploying proposals that involve continuous improvement in practices and processes, and more efficient networks in technological solutions.
- Managing project programs and coordinating the development of Cellnex Operational Model within the Netherlands
- Leading, organizing and coordinating the team in order to ensure their motivation, efficiency and alignment with Cellnex corporate values & culture, while promoting the necessary updating training that ensure the team has the right profile and skills in their jobs
- Collaborating directly with the Corporate Technical Area as well as with the Technical Operations TIS Area (towers and masts) within Cellnex Netherlands
- Engineering University Degree (preferable in Telecommunications)
- Senior project manager experience in technical projects (Preferably Telecommunications);
- Relevant expertise in (radio) telecommunication in at least 1 of the business lines under the Direction: Radio Broadcasting, Data centre housing, Microwave services, Private LTE and/or Indoor connectivity through Distributed Antenna Systems
- A minimum of 5 years as manager in a flexible technical operational environment, with varying challenges
- Experience in working in an international corporate organization;
- Nice to have: MBA specialization courses or similar (Economic & financial appraisal techniques)
- Experience in working for a in Telecommunications and broadcasting service design, deployment, monitoring and maintenance
- Good understanding of technical networks and systems, as well as IT tools used for operations. Experience in multi technology environments will be valued.
- Used to work with deadlines and know how to simultaneously coordinate several projects.
- Fluent in Dutch and English, spoken and written.
- Knowledge of Spanish is an advantage.
- Acknowledgment of Telecom Infrastructure sector.
- Networks and technical systems understanding
- Strategic vision
- Team focus and talent management
- Leadership and communicating influence
- Client, stakeholders and business oriented
- Proactive attitude for improvement and change
- Focused on quality and goals delivery
- Analytical and conceptual thinking
- Flexible and relationship abilities
- Able to engage and share ideas with colleagues internationally within Cellnex from different cultures.
What we offer:
- Be part of a highly effective, multicultural and multidisciplinary team within the fastest growing and main infrastructures and telecommunications operator in the European market.
- Join a dynamic organisation in the Netherlands with multiple chances to use and further develop your skills.
- Work in an environment in which personal and professional development is well promoted and customer orientation and teamwork are keys for success.
- A working culture that focusses on our commitment to sustainability and innovation.
- A new office, soon to open, in Utrecht where you will meet your colleagues and work in a dynamic and attractive environment on projects together.
- Flexible working hours, good travel conditions and home working policies.
- Competitive salary and employment conditions.
Is this job profile exactly what you are looking for as a next step in your career?
Let us know by sending your resume and motivation to: email@example.com
If you want some more information first, please do not hesitate to contact us through this same email address.