Approximately five kilometers west of the village is this 154-meter-high television tower. You can find a miniature version of this tower in Madurodam in The Hague. In 2007, the tower was shortened after the analog television signal was taken offline.
The tower in Markelo grants a spectacular view of the Salland Hill Ridge and offers beautiful views of Deventer, Zutphen, Almelo and Enschede. It’s not a coincidence that the Heppie View Tour visited this radio mast in 2014.
With a total capacity of 1000 kVA, this datacenter has the third-most capacity.
Features datacenter Markelo
- 50 m² surface area per data floor
- 500 m² total surface area
- 1000 kVA total capacity
- Per rack standard 1-25 kVA capacity
- Power supply via A and B Feed
- 230 Volt and 400 Volt present, 48 Volt on request
- PUE value <1.2
- 100% powered by sustainable Dutch wind energy
- Direct free air cooling
- Temperature on the data floor: 20-27 °C
- Cold corridor principle
- Carrier neutral
- Radio link possible with uptime guarantee of 99,999%
- Camera monitoring, intrusion detection system
- Professional security response in case of alarm
- Access with personal access pass
- Possibility of iris scan or facial recognition system
- Separately lockable racks
- Service desk available 24/7, 365 days a year