Alphen aan den Rijn
Several of our telecom & data towers are breeding places for peregrine falcons, and that includes this tower in Alphen. Other towers that shelter these birds of prey are the tower in De Mortel, Zwolle and Haarlem. The 135-meter-high tower in Alphen in the only place in the Groene Hart (Green Heart) where the birds have settled down. They don’t occur anywhere else in the region.
After purchasing 24 towers/radio masts from KPN, Cellnex began establishing datacenters in these towers. In 2010, the datacenter in Alphen aan de Rijn was the second datacenter to be established.
Since December 22, 2017, the tower is permanently illuminated.
Features datacenter Alphen aan den Rijn
- 77 m² surface area per data floor
- 385 m² total surface area
- 450 kVA total capacity
- Per rack standard 1-20 kVA capacity
- Power supply via A and B Feed
- 230 Volt and 400 Volt present, 48 Volt on request
- PUE value <1.2
- 100% powered by sustainable Dutch wind energy
- Direct free air cooling
- Temperature on the data floor: 20-27 °C
- Cold corridor principle
- Carrier neutral
- Radio link possible with uptime guarantee of 99,999%
- Camera monitoring, intrusion detection system
- Professional security response in case of alarm
- Access with personal access pass
- Possibility of iris scan or facial recognition system
- Separately lockable racks
- Service desk available 24/7, 365 days a year